This Week In WordPress
Plugin Updates, New Features and a Cache Plugin War
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
We've got two new releases announced this week from JetPack and WP Rocket – the former seems to be getting better with each release, and WP Rocket continue to improve on their already great plugin.
The market for cache plugins is hotting up and the war between the big three (WP Rocket, W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache) is growing each week. For me, the market leader WP Rocket is leading the way both in terms of speed and product quality.
Which solution do you use?
Top News Stories
- After the drama with the popular Astra theme a few weeks ago, the WordPress directory now contains a “Delist” status – which provides the WP review team to hide a theme from the search results, while maintaining the ability for developers to pass updates.
- JetPack users will be excited to hear that they are launching a suite of email marketing tools in partnership with the Constant Contact brand.
- WooCommerce has announced release of version 4.5 – this is a small release which fixes several bugs and is completely backwards compatible should you need to roll-back.
- WP Rocket 3.7 released with the focus on delaying of JS execution and link preloading.
- LEARN: Slow Website? – Here's our guide on how to speed up your WordPress website in simple, easy to understand steps
- LEARN: Here's how to disable those pesky auto-updates WordPress 5.5 has introduced.
- LEARN: All you ever wanted to learn about WordPress Block Patterns – The Ultimate Resource List.
- HIRING: GoWP are growing their team and accepting applications for a Growth Manager – https://buff.ly/2FV1XfI
- HIRING: Developers & software engineers should check out this Job Board “for underrepresented folks in tech” from diversifytech.co – they get a lot of new postings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and they are rolling in.
- Happy Forms ($49 Lifetime Deal) provide better way to build WordPress forms, sign-ups, surveys, polls, and checkouts.
- GeneratePress is a superfast and lightweight theme we use across many of our projects to form a foundation from which to build our custom themes on. They offer both a free and pro option and when combined with Elementor 3.0 – they make an excellent platform for creating a blog or business website.
Like this newsletter?
If you liked this you should join our free newsletter and get the latest WP news direct to your inbox. Feel free to join us over on Twitter and Facebook where we showcase the latest deals & breaking news stories from the WP community.
WPLoaded is supported by readers. Some of the links above may be affiliate links, when you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.