This Week In WordPress
WP release 5.5.1 Released To Fix Millions of Broken website
Is it really September already? feeling like the summer has pass you by and you've been in lockdown and completely missed it?
Here's something to cheer you up…WordPress is now operating on 36.7% of ALL WEBSITES (source). That's insane and I'm extreme proud to be a part of that statistic.
In this weeks newsletter we have cancelled events, bug fixes, and some serious knowledge bombs being dropped.
Top News Stories
- WordPress 5.5.1 – The latest maintenance release to help fix issues with millions of broken websites.
- WordFence have identified and patched an issue with the File Manager Plugin that has affected over 700k users.
- WordPress have made the decision NOT to drop support for PHP 5.6 to further support compatibility and a fixed schedule has been released where they will wind down their support for older PHP versions.
- Learn WordPress is a new platform launched in August-20 which will form a repository for all WP related materials aimed at helping those new to the CMS grow and improve their knowledge.
- WP Events – All in-person WordPress events have been cancelled for 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19
- PLUGIN UPDATE: AMP For WordPress plugin version 2.0 has been released with some major updates and improvements
- PLUGIN UPDATE: Jetpack 8.9 offers users a new way to grow your subscriber base and collect donations from your readers.
- WP STARTUP: SliceWP is a startup that has just hit their first 100 active installs. This tool allows you to start an affiliate program for your WordPress store or membership site within minutes
- WP UPDATES: – WordPress 5.6 will have an all-women release squad
- LEARN: Heard of structured data but no idea what it is or how to implement it into your website? Check out this simple guide for beginners
- KNOWLEDGE BOMB: Is self hosting Google Fonts really the answer to speeding up your website? WPRocket say NO.
- KNOWLEDGE BOMB: 500+ sites are built each day using WordPress while only 60-80 per day are built on platform like Shopify and Squarespace (source)
- Working with the block editor? Get enhanced custom blocks from Qubely with their lifetime deal at $49.
- Happy Forms ($49 Lifetime Deal) provide better way to build WordPress forms, sign-ups, surveys, polls, and checkouts.
- Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – Create custom “Coming Soon” and “Maintenance Mode” pages with this $39 Lifetime Deal.
- Permalink Manager Pro enables you to have full control over your permalinks on blog posts and pages. We use this for all of our projects and it enables us to do some serious SILO'ing of our content, set up custom pages and URL's with ease
Like this newsletter?
If you liked this you should join our free newsletter and get the latest WP news direct to your inbox. Feel free to join us over on Twitter and Facebook where we showcase the latest deals & breaking news stories from the WP community.
WPLoaded is supported by readers. Some of the links above may be affiliate links, when you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.